Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Obsession 1: Naming the Blog

I love writing. It's possible that I am even somewhat decent at writing. A few people - some friends who love me, my mom who really loves me, and my therapist who is paid to love me, or at least like me a little - have said so. Maybe they are right, maybe they are not. But I find it to be a therapeutic way to navigate through my feelings and process the world around me.

My husband has been hounding, ahem, encouraging me to write a blog for a while now. I had one a while ago that nearly 4 people regularly read. And now that my "mom brain" has basically fully recovered since giving birth 9.5 years ago, I can finally put my thoughts together in a fairly clear format.

I am a list maker at my core. So, in order to make a blog, and want anyone to read it at all, I decided to make a check list on all things bloggy - create a blog, blog topics, etc.

Step 1. Log into Google and create a blog - check. Step 2. First question when creating the blog: "what is the name of your blog?"... Oh, crap; I'm stuck already! And this is why I have not done a blog for quite some time.

In addition to being a total "check lister," I am also a nearly total perfectionist. And I have struggled for days over what to call this blog. I wanted something fun and memorable and amazing about decluttering your life, sparking your joy, or uncluttering your house, but it seemed all the really good ones were taken. Thanks, smart people blogging way before me. Thanks, Marie Kondo.

So, of course I made a list of other possibilities:
-An Uncluttered Cottage
-Scrambled Eggs
-The Chaotic Cottage
-Neatly Scrambled
-Scrambled Eggs Daily
-The Cottage Uncluttered

Maybe I was having a weird craving for eggs or maybe I would rather be back at our cottage; my very happy place. Either way, none of those jumped out at me in a way that a blog name should. So I settled on a name that I think encompasses me pretty well: "Obsessively. Tidy. Me." Am I obsessive? Sometimes. Am I tidy? Usually. Am I me? Yep!

And the thing is, as I also made a whole list of possible blog post topics, it turns out that I may even have a few more things to talk about than just organizing and decluttering.

Enjoy Obsessively. Tidy. Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment