In working for a church, I get to see the sermon prior to the weekend. I love reading them ahead because, then during the service, I am actually hearing it for a second time; all of it sticks better in my head this way. I particularly liked this takeaway from last weekend...
After a wildfire, the hills are completely cleared for a season. Everything is totally burnt away. But the fire never reaches the roots underground, and by spring, the brush is up and growing again. It’s true for all of us that life can be really hard sometimes. And when your situation gets really tough, when it feels like you can’t find happiness, and when everything seems to be going against you, what keeps you from giving up? Hope! The hope of God’s promise that we will be with him one day in paradise. That assurance keeps us hanging on to Christ and his promises to know that there is plan and purpose for our lives.
![]() |
| Photo by Zoltan Tasi on Unsplash |

No comments:
Post a Comment